Tuesday 16 April 2013

Poems

These poems have been made from novels I have read in english courses.

I am from an alternate reality,
            Your age is your grade,
            Surveillance uses thermal detection,
            And you are not allowed out.

I am from Uganda,
            Forced to fight by a scary man,
            I am a child in a child army,
            I just want to go home.

I am from District 12,
            Forced to fight in a sick game to kill people,
            I won,
            And I am scared for my life.

I am from a little town,
            A courtroom,
            Injustice,
            And innocence

I am from post-war Germany,
            True love,
            Tainted memories,
            And guilt and shame.

I am from you know who,
            Hogwarts,
            Gryffindor,
            And immortality.

I am from the slums,
            Looking for my love,
            On a gameshow,
            And won 1 million rupees.

3 comments:

  1. Your poems on your favourite books show how little moments from stories can stay with a reader forever. Reading fictional novels and analyzing them for these special moments can broaden a student's mind and understanding of English literature, and it can also promote further reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the poster above pertaining to how little moments from stories can stay with a reader forever. Something as minor of a detail as thermal detection used in surveillance being remembered really shows the impact the novel has had on you. One line I really liked from your poem is "I am from you know who," it made me smile because it fit so perfectly into the poem itself that others may not have caught it if they didn't read the lines below it. Overall, great poem, I really enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it how, even though I haven't read a book, I can still recognize it in your poems. You have put the main characteristics of each book, and yet described some little details that make unique and special every novel

    ReplyDelete